All of our job and internship opportunities are advertised on our website. Some roles are also advertised on specialist websites, as well as the Guardian and their diversity network.
- Paid employment in permanent and fixed term roles
- Freelance assignments
- Paid internships.
To receive new BFI job opportunities as soon as they are posted, please sign up for a BFI job alert by completing your preferred search criteria and clicking on the ‘Click here to save this search as a job alert’ button at the bottom of the search results page.
Good luck with your application.
Applicants should find our online application system easy to use. We regularly review our application system and we will approach a sample of applicants from time to time to seek feedback on their user experience (on a purely voluntary basis).
If you do experience any difficulties in submitting your application during our office hours (9:45am – 6:00pm) please call the BFI Human Resources Team on 020 7957 4821/4703 and one of the team will be happy to assist you. If you experience any technical difficulties outside of our office hours, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, role you are interested in, plus your preferred contact details. A member of the Human Resources Team will contact you as soon as possible to help you with your query. Please be reassured that if you advise us prior to the closing time and date that you have been experiencing technical difficulties, we will log this as your intention (in time) to apply for the role.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Please be aware that Google Chrome users may experience technical issues when submitting an application online and are recommended to use an alternative browser.
We take our responsibility to engage and develop staff seriously. We carry out a range of activities to facilitate this, including:
- All employees are appraised each year and agree objectives and a development plan with their line manager.
- Meetings are held regularly at directorate, department, team and individual levels with ‘all staff’ events from time to time.
- We conduct a staff engagement survey regularly to see how we are doing.
Diversity and inclusion
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
We want to make sure our workforce is diverse and representative of the communities we work with, and that our opportunities are open to all.
- We are Stonewall Champions. Stonewall works for equality and justice for lesbians, gay men and bisexuals.
- We are a Two Ticks (disability) employer. Accredited by Jobcentre Plus, we encourage applications from disabled people and guarantee an interview if our minimum requirements criteria for a role are matched by the disabled applicant.
- We are members of the Employer’s Network for Equality and Inclusion.
- We are members of the Southbank Employers Group, a partnership with a long-term commitment to improving the everyday experience of the area for employees, visitors and residents alike.
Employed staff benefits
We offer a range of benefits to members of staff, including:
- BFI Defined Contributions Pension Scheme
- 28-33 days annual leave
- Free tickets to BFI Southbank events and access to other BFI events
- Loan schemes, such as season ticket and computer purchase loans
- Ride to Work Scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- £100 towards annual health club membership
- Sight & Sound magazine subscription
- 35% staff discount at Benugo – Riverfront, and 20% staff discount at Benugo – Bar and Kitchen, at BFI Southbank
- 70% staff discount on BFI DVDs, 50% on books and merchandise plus 20% off other items in the BFI Shop
- 40% staff discount on all retail, including upstairs concessions, at BFI IMAX in partnership with ODEON
Certain conditions apply on some benefits – details are available from the Human Resources team. Some benefits are non-contractual and the BFI reserves the right to review benefits and withdraw them as appropriate.
We provide travel costs within zones 1-6, plus a lunch allowance. There are also opportunities from time to time to access our film programme.