A Bigger Splash: featuring David Hockney
A film by Jack Hazan
Director Jack Hazan and writer David Mingay (Rude Boy) had access to David Hockney and his circle from 1971 to 1973, a critical period for the internationally-acclaimed artist, during which time they crafted this groundbreaking and enthralling docu-drama, celebrating Hockney’s life, work and milieu.
With appearances by such art scene icons (and subjects of Hockney’s paintings) as Celia Birtwell, Ossie Clark, Henry Geldzahler and Patrick Proctor, this mesmerising portrait is presented here, along with little-seen archive documentaries on Hockney, for the first time on Blu-ray.
- Presented in both high definition and standard definition.
- Loves Presentation (UK, James Scott, 1968, 28 minutes): a short film capturing the creation of Hockneys Cavafy Etchings.
- Portrait of David Hockney (UK, David Pearce, 1972, 14 minutes): a short portrait of Hockney in his home and studio.
- Interview with Jack Hazan (2006).
- Fully illustrated booklet.
English for the hard-of-hearing
Original aspect ratio
- 2 Europe (except Russia, Ukraine, and Belarus), Middle East, Egypt, Japan, South Africa, Swaziland, Lesotho, Greenland, French Overseas departments and territories
- B - Includes most European and Middle-Eastern countries, all of Africa, Australia and New Zealand