Man of Violence
A film by Peter Walker
In a world of gangs and villains, one man – Moon – will stop at nothing to get the girl and take the spoils. Pete Walker’s affectionate low-budget homage to the gangster thriller is packed with sights and sounds from a Britain about to swing out of the 60s and into a somewhat less optimistic decade. It offers not only rare glimpses of a world gone by, but also some unexpected twists on generic convention. The cast includes Hammer girls Luan Peters (Lust for a Vampire, Twins of Evil) and Virginia Wetherell (Doctor Jekyll & Sister Hyde, Demons of the Mind).
Presented here in a stunning new high definition transfer from the original negative, this release also includes Pete Walker’s earlier thriller The Big Switch (aka Strip Poker).
- Both films newly transferred to high definition from original negatives.
- The Big Switch (aka Strip Poker) (1968, 65 min): Pete Walker’s pulp thriller which includes a climactic shoot-out in the snow on Brighton’s now destroyed West Pier.
- The Big Switch: Alternative export cut (1968, 77 min).
- Original trailers for Man of Violence and The Big Switch.
- Alternative ‘Moon’ title-card.
- Extensive illustrated booklet featuring newly commissioned contributions from Pete Walker, novelist Cathi Unsworth, producer and critic David McGillivray, and film historian Julian Petley.
- Dolby Digital mono audio (320 kbps).
English for the hard-of-hearing
Original aspect ratio
- 2 Europe (except Russia, Ukraine, and Belarus), Middle East, Egypt, Japan, South Africa, Swaziland, Lesotho, Greenland, French Overseas departments and territories
- B - Includes most European and Middle-Eastern countries, all of Africa, Australia and New Zealand