Molly Dineen Collection Volume One
Home from the Hill / My African Farm / Heart of the Angel / In the Company of Me
“…the leading British filmmaker of her generation.” Mark Lawson, The Guardian
Molly Dineen is one of Britain’s most acclaimed contemporary documentary filmmakers, known for her intimate and probing portraits of British individuals and institutions, and recipient of numerous awards including BAFTA, Grierson and RTS awards for documentary. This is the first of three volumes that brings all of her films to DVD.
Home from the Hill (1987): Dineen’s much-loved debut follows charismatic Colonel Hilary Hook, an elderly retired soldier, as he returns to Kenya from Britain.
My African Farm (1988): Dineen returns to Kenya and to the home of Sylvia Richardson, building a complex and uncompromising portrait of an unswerving stalwart of British colonialism.
Heart of the Angel (1989): capturing life in one of London’s busiest underground stations, this account of staff’s struggles to cope with the great British travelling public is filled with humour and pathos. In the Company of Men (1995): in this three-part series we join Major Crispin Black and his men in the Prince of Wales Company of the Welsh Guards during a final tour of duty in pre-ceasefire Northern Ireland.
- Home from the Hill - Director’s Cut, National Film and Television School version (1985, 60 min): the original version of Dineen’s award-winning debut documentary film.
- Interview with Molly Dineen on the making of Home from the Hill and My African Farm (2010, 20 min).
- Unseen footage from Heart of the Angel (2010, 11 min): featuring an introduction and commentary by Molly Dineen.
- Interview with Molly Dineen and Major Crispin Black on the making of In the Company of Men (2010, 20 min)
- Fully illustrated booklet featuring new essays and notes featuring contributions from Eddie Mirzoeff and Stella Bruzzi.
Original aspect ratio
- 2 Europe (except Russia, Ukraine, and Belarus), Middle East, Egypt, Japan, South Africa, Swaziland, Lesotho, Greenland, French Overseas departments and territories