A film by Christopher Monger
‘Fats’ Bannerman is enjoying success as the writer and presenter of Thus Engaged, a romantic radio serial about the lives and loves of a Regency heroine. But when grim reality violently intrudes into Fats’s life, his frail fantasies become unbalanced and his ability to separate fact from fiction breaks down, with devastating consequences. Featuring a compelling central performance from the great British screen actor Ian McNeice, this controversial film from award-winning Hollywood director Christopher Monger caused a sensation upon its original release.
- Presented in both high definition and standard definition.
- Newly mastered, under the supervision of Director of Photography Roland Denning from the best available archive material.
- Repeater (Christopher Monger, 1979, 76 min): deconstructed crime thriller, inspired by the French new wave, in which a woman’s confession of murder is not as simple as it seems.
- Fully illustrated booklet with newly commissioned essays, biographies, original promotional materials, and recollections by Christopher Monger and Ian McNeice.
English for the hard-of-hearing
Original aspect ratio
- 2 Europe (except Russia, Ukraine, and Belarus), Middle East, Egypt, Japan, South Africa, Swaziland, Lesotho, Greenland, French Overseas departments and territories
- B - Includes most European and Middle-Eastern countries, all of Africa, Australia and New Zealand