We will build on the work of FILMCLUB, Film Education, First Light, BFI Education, Creative Skillset, the National Screen Agencies and other partners in the cultural and education sector to create a unified (watching, making and understanding) new education offer for all 5-19 year-olds, aimed especially at schools and colleges. This will incorporate a mix of online and physical resources to transform the reach and impact of film education across the UK.
We will develop a new film academy – a catalyst to discover and support tomorrow’s top film talent from young people aged 16-19. The academy will benefit from the £1m per year investment which has been committed across England by the Department for Education (DfE) for the next three years. The ambition is to work with the National Screen Agencies to make the academy UK-wide.
Partners we collaborate with locally and nationally, in film, culture and education.
- London University Institute of Education
- London Graduate School
- Kings College London
- City Lit
- University of the Arts London
- Collège international de philosophie
- University College London
For Future Film
- European Cultural Foundation
- Adobe Youth Voices
- Cinémathèque Française
- Lambeth City Learning Centre
- DARE Collaborative
- MOVIES network of cinema educators
- Bradford City of Film / National Media Museum
For Communities programme
- South Asian Cinema Foundation
- Black History Walks
- Grundtvig Learning Partnership
- Jack Drum Arts
- Photofusion Southwark Libraries