Take a detailed look at film audiences. Our research covers gender, age, ethnicity, social group and region, both for the UK audience as a whole and for particular popular titles.
- Opening our eyes: how film contributes to the culture of the UK (PDF)
- Multi-platform UK cinema release for Catfish – a case study (PDF)
- Portrayal vs Betrayal: an investigation of diverse and mainstream UK film audiences (PDF)
- Another Year premiere satellite event case study (PDF)
- Subtitling versus dubbing case study: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (PDF)
- A qualitative study of avid cinema-goers (PDF)
- The impact of new digital leisure activities (PDF)
We carry out exit poll surveys for all the films we support through our Prints and Advertising Fund. Exit polls are standard practice for major releases, but much less so for smaller or independent films.
By asking cinemagoers about themselves and what motivated them to see a film, exit poll researchers can help film distributors improve the way they distribute and market their films, which may ultimately lead to bigger and more satisfied audiences.