Our new research and statistics fund represents an increase of more than £2.5m on previous funding available for this activity. It will result in a significant increase in the quality and impact of film research and analysis in the UK, which will be published in innovative ways for the benefit of the film industry, policy-makers, academia and the general public.
Who should apply
We invite applications from those able to deliver a comprehensive research and statistics programme across the UK film industry, using both quantitative and qualitative analysis. The programme of research will address key priorities, such as:
- Analysing the impact of digital technologies through the film value chain.
- Examining and testing new business models for the production and distribution of film.
- Increasing understanding of the wider cultural and educational impact of film.
The successful applicant will lead a number of activities, including:
- Developing the current activities and resources of the BFI’s Research and Statistics Unit (RSU).
- Improving the quality and increasing the impact of film research, knowledge and statistical analysis.
- Furthering collaboration and partnerships between public policy organisations, the industry, academia and the wider film sector.
- Making statistics and research findings widely available in user-friendly and innovative ways.
How to apply
Before you apply, please read our guidelines for more details, including how we assess applications.
To make an application and create an account login, please proceed to the application form below:
The application deadline is noon, 25 November 2013.
To access in-progress and submitted applications, you can log in to your account by clicking on the link below: