Our new research and statistics fund represents an increase of more than £2.5m on previous funding available for this activity. It will result in a significant increase in the quality and impact of film research and analysis in the UK, which will be published in innovative ways for the benefit of the film industry, policy-makers, academia and the general public.
Who should apply
We invite applications from those able to deliver a comprehensive research and statistics programme across the UK film industry, using both quantitative and qualitative analysis. The programme of research will address key priorities, such as:
- Analysing the impact of digital technologies through the film value chain.
- Examining and testing new business models for the production and distribution of film.
- Increasing understanding of the wider cultural and educational impact of film.
The successful applicant will lead a number of activities, including:
- Developing the current activities and resources of the BFI’s Research and Statistics Unit (RSU).
- Improving the quality and increasing the impact of film research, knowledge and statistical analysis.
- Furthering collaboration and partnerships between public policy organisations, the industry, academia and the wider film sector.
- Making statistics and research findings widely available in user-friendly and innovative ways.
How to apply
This fund is now closed.