Stills must not be reproduced, copied or downloaded in any way. Hard copies of some images can be bought via the BFI Printstore and the complete collection can be accessed for commercial reuse via BFI Stills.
- SPECIAL CEREMONY Working
- La CEREMONIE SPECIALE Working
- BAAD MARA KHAHAD BOURD Alternative
- El VIENTO NOS LLEVARA Alternative
- BAAD MA RA KHAHAD BORD Alternative
- The WIND WILL CARRY US Alternative
- BOD MARA JAHAD BORD Alternative
- BAD MARA KHAHAD BOURD Alternative
Drama. An engineer arrives in a remote village in Kurdistan with two assistants, ostensibly to study the local community. Although the villagers are under the impression he is an archaeologist, the engineer appears to be most interested in a local elderly woman, Mrs. Malek, who is on her deathbed. He uses a local boy to provide him with regular reports on the lady's health. Gradually it appears that the arrival of the engineer and his co-workers is connected to the old lady's death and the village rites of mourning that will follow.
Cast & Credits