We’ve joined up with the National Theatre to celebrate the stage and film adaptations of Erich Kästner’s much loved children’s book, Emil and the Detectives.
Win a family ticket to the National Theatre’s exciting new production of Emil and the Detectives opening this November and a copy of the new BFI DVD release, which includes both the classic 1931 German adaptation and 1935 British version.
Join young Emil as he says goodbye to his mother, leaves his small town and sets off on a journey that will change his life. Thrilling entertainment for children and adults alike, Emil and the Detectives was one of the first German sound films ever produced, and offers a fascinating glimpse of pre-war Berlin.
To be in with a chance of winning simply email firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Emil’ in the subject line and your answer to the following question:
Which author wrote the novel Emil and the Detectives?
- J.M. Barrie
- Erich Kästner
- Jacob and Wilheim Grimm
Terms and conditions
- Closing date Friday 25 October.
- Tickets valid for performances until 3 December, subject to availability.
- Winning tickets will be reserved for collection at theatre box office.
- Travel, accommodation and expenses not included.
- Full competition terms and conditions