Adorn yourself with your best scare-wear to win fantastic gothic-themed prizes worth over £1000!
From Frankenstein to Hannibal, Norman Bates to that nasty clown in IT, we want to see you look your worst by dressing up as a scary character from the world of film. Simply send us a photo of your dress-up effort for your chance to win tickets to a host of fantastic events, as well as enough DVDs and books to keep you hiding under the duvet for the rest of the year.
We’ll shortlist the entries that terrify us the most, then post them across our social media channels to let you do the voting. The only way to guarantee your favourite movie-monster gets the attention it deserves is to become it!
How to enter
- Facebook: Post on our wall
- Twitter: Tweet us @BFI with #bfidressup
- Instagram: Post on with #bfidressup
- Email: email@example.com with Gothic Dress-up in the subject line
Competition closes 2pm, Thursday 31 October 2013.
Prize highlights include:
A pair of tickets to Andrew Lloyd Webber’s multi-award winning musical The Phantom of The Opera now in its 28th glorious year at Her Majesty’s Theatre.
A pair of tickets to world famous The London Dungeon.
Try our new Gothic themed cocktails Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde and nibbles courtesy of benugo bar and kitchen at BFI Southbank.
A selection of gothic-inspired jewellery by Tatty Devine. Channel your inner witch (or warlock!) with a Cat Ring and Cat Bangle by Tatty Devine. Each striking silhouette is laser cut from glossy black Perspex and finished by hand in Tatty Devine’s London studio.
A bundle of literary classics courtesy of Penguin books including The Castle of Otranto by Horace Walpole – Generally regarded as the first Gothic novel and Frankenstein by Mary Shelley – The mother of Gothic novels.
Tickets to the enchanting yet brutal vampire myth Let The Right One In courtesy of The Royal Court. Don’t miss this new stage adaptation by Jack Thorne, Based on the novel and film by John Ajvide.
A set of three classic thrillers by Dennis Wheatley, Prince of Thriller Writers, from Bloomsbury.
A bundle of BFI Gothic merchandise including DVDs, t-shirt and a selection of BFI posters.
A copy of Gothic: The Dark Heart of Film. The lavishly illustrated new BFI Compendium, written by some of the foremost authorities in the field including Mark Gatiss, Sir Christopher Frayling, Guillermo del Toro, Mark Kermode and more.
Tickets to see the inner workings of the world’s oldest, largest, Oscar-winning costume house, Angels the Costumiers.
Haunting reading material courtesy of Hodder including: Whatever Happened to Baby Jane, the brand new edition of the book that inspired the iconic film and Stephen Kings’ The Shining and new sequel Doctor Sleep.
A copy of each of the eight special edition gothic BFI Film Classics to tie in with the season.
Terms and conditions
- Closing date Thursday 31 October.
- Winning tickets will be reserved for collection at theatre box office.
- Travel, accommodation and expenses not included.
- By entering this competition you agree for your photograph to be used for promotional purposes.
- The RADA tour includes a matinee performance of Betrayal by Harold Pinter on Saturday 23 November.
- Both the tour and the matinee performances are subject to availability.
- The tour is limited to one winner who can bring a person with them.
- Tickets are not able to be exchanged for any other day or performance.
- Full competition terms and conditions