Sight & Sound is the international film magazine published since 1932 that offers a unique insight into the very best of film culture.
It’s the perfect gift for your film-loving friends – or for yourself. A print subscription includes digital access to the current and two years’ back issues. For an extra £20 a year you can also get access to the complete digital archive of more than 80 years’ worth of Sight & Sounds and Monthly Film Bulletins (1934-91).
Plus, for a limited period over Christmas, we are offering a free copy of Mark Cousins’ I Am Belfast on DVD/Blu-ray with all UK print subscriptions!
- Order your Christmas gift subscription now or continue down this page to see our continuing regular offers and subscription information.
Current print subscribers
Register your email address to get your FREE Digital Edition. You’ll need your unique subscription number: find it beside your address on the cover sheet accompanying your subscription copy, or by calling our Subscriptions Bureau.
1. 12-month print subscription + free Digital Edition
£45 (UK) / £68 (rest of the world)
- Get the latest issue delivered to your door before it’s available in the shops.
- Includes FREE access to the Digital Edition for desktop/tablet reading and a digital archive of the past two years’ back issues*.
- UK readers save £9 on the cover price – that’s two issues free!
- PLUS UK subscribers who pay by Direct Debit will receive Chen Kaige’s award-winning Farewell My Concubine on BFI dual-format DVD/Blu-ray as a FREE GIFT!
2. The Digital Edition
£30 (global price for 12 months)
- Available on desktop, iOS and Android apps.
- Includes the past two years’ back issues.
- For full FAQs click here.
- View a demo of the desktop edition here.
3. The complete Digital Archive
£20 (global price for 12 months; only available to subscribers*)
- The complete history of Sight & Sound and Monthly Film Bulletin, digitised and available via your desktop!
- Available to print or digital subscribers for an additional £20 a year
- An unrivalled 80-year archive of film commentary and criticism.
- For full FAQs click here.
- View a demo here.
* Please note: access to the digital edition and archive is limited to individual paid subscribers. Institutional/library subscription access is unavailable.
BFI Members save £10 on all print subscription offers. Log in to the BFI Members’ pages for information.
Contact our Subscription Bureau
Order your subscription or enquire about buying back issues (priced at £5.50 UK, £6.50 Europe and £7.50 ROW) or for any other subscription enquiry:
- Call +44 (0)20 8955 7070
- Fax +44 (0) 20 8955 8244
- Write to:
Sight & Sound Subscriptions
3rd Floor Chancery Exchange
10 Furnival Street
London EC4A 1AB
Please make cheques payable to ‘British Film Institute’.