Greening the Screen
Join BAFTA and the BFI as we explore the simple, achievable steps you can take to reduce the carbon footprint of your film, TV or games production.
Greening the Screen: a sustainable future in film, TV & games
12th November 2012 10am-2pm BAFTA 195 Piccadilly, London
Join our panel of experts who will share the latest thinking on production and business practices which are sustainable and low impact in terms of carbon, finance and, that most valuable resource, your time.
Our panel of influential industry insiders will share their experiences and answer your questions, showing you how to switch to more sustainable ways of working without setting unrealistic goals, and exploding the myth that sustainable production needs to be costly and bureaucratic.
In addition, the event will provide an update on the progress of ALBERT, the world’s first carbon calculator for the television industry, a year after its launch, and examine how the industry can engage with BS8909, “the official standard for the sustainable management of the UK film industry”.
The panel session will be followed by a trade fair, introducing you to a range of products and services which could help you to achieve your goals.
Greening the Screen will be hosted by Alistair McGowan, with introductions from Ben Roberts (BFI, Director of the Film Fund) and Kevin Price (BAFTA, COO).
Confirmed speakers include:
- Sally Debonnaire (ITV, Director of Production)
- Melanie Dicks (Greenshoot, Co-founder)
- Simon George (Ealing Studios, Director of Operations)
- Mary-Anne King (Microsoft UK, Head of Environmental Stability)
- John Newbigin (Creative England, Chair)
- Juhi Shareef (Eco Consultancy, Senior Sustainability Consultant)
- Laura Steele (BSkyB Environment Manager)
- Pat Younge (BBC, Chief Creative Officer)
- Kieren Mayers (Head of Environmental and Technical Compliance at Sony Computer Entertainment)
Tickets are free but limited. To reserve your place click here
So we can all help to make Greening the Screen as green as possible please use public transport to travel to and from the event.
BAFTA and BFI are committed to taking stewardship of our environmental, social and financial resources.