We invest National Lottery funds in original filmmaking from adventurous storytellers with a focus on projects that respond to our core objectives:
- Supporting the early careers of ambitious filmmakers
- Supporting work with cultural relevance or progressive ideas
- Filmmaking that takes risks on talent, form and content, where the more commercial sector cannot
- Work that recognises the quality of difference — in perspective, in talent, in recruitment
- An increase in the number of active projects originated by filmmakers outside London and the South East.
We make every effort to ensure that our application process is fair and as transparent as possible. Sadly, given the volume of applications we receive, we are not able to provide feedback on projects that we have decided not to progress.
Please ensure you have read the full funding guidelines before you complete the application form.
Applying to the Film Fund
Before you proceed to the application form below, please note that applicants who wish to apply to the Film Fund are first asked to create an account. This is requested for the applicants’ convenience, in order to allow the application to be saved before it is submitted.
Following submission of the application to the BFI, applicants will be sent a unique application ID for their records.
To make a new application to the Film Fund if you already have an account login, or to create an account login if you are a new applicant, please proceed to the application form below:
The applicant will be able to access all previously submitted applications, including in-progress applications, at any point by logging into their account: