The BFI Film Academy screenwriting course has been designed to give you a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to meet experts, write scripts, learn practical skills and meet like-minded people.
The academy will include two weekend residentials and additional online sessions. During the course you will work in a group to write a short script and on your own to write a monologue or duologue.
We will provide updates throughout the application process should Government COVID-19 guidelines change. In the event that we move the course to in-person teaching, COVID-19 guidelines will be adhered to and we will continually assess the safest and most appropriate way of conducting the course.
- Workshops, Q&As and masterclasses with award-winning scriptwriters, producers and development execs
- Group tutor support with professional scriptwriters
- Becoming a BFI Alumni with opportunities for future work experience
- A live read-through of your group screenplay with professional actors at the end of the course where you can invite family and friends
- Filming of your individual monologue/duologue read by an actor. You will receive this clip at the end of the course
|Location||To be confirmed|
|Introductory residential weekend||To be confirmed|
|Online sessions||To be confirmed|
|Final residential weekend||To be confirmed|
|Number of places||25|
How to apply
Applications for this course are now closed.
For information on course eligibility, how to apply, and costs, please see How to apply to BFI Film Academy Specialist courses.