10:30am to 3:30pm, 1 December 2022, BFI Southbank
This study day is aimed at helping KS5 French students develop their film analysis skills and build a deeper understanding of the styles and themes of key set texts on the AQA, Edexcel and Eduqas specifications.
Conducted in French, the morning will consist of a clip-based presentation introducing the concepts of the French New Wave, highlighting key films of the movement such as Les Quatre-cents coups (1958) and using scene analysis to reveal to how it influenced the style and themes of contemporary French films such as La Haine (1995) and Entre le murs (2008).
By exploring key scenes and applying textual analysis, students will have the opportunity to learn about film language, gain a deeper understanding of the set texts and expand their vocabulary. In the afternoon there will be an introduced screening of Entre les murs.
A resource pack will be available on the day.
- £12.50 per student. Accompanying teachers / adults are charged £1 per 5 students – otherwise student rate applies.
- To book call 020 7815 1329 and pay using a credit/debit card or download, print and return the booking form with cheque or card details.
- Schools which have over 20% of students receiving free school meals should ask about a discount when booking.
- Please book by 12pm the day before the event.
- We cannot reserve seats, send invoices or accept BACS payments.
- For any queries, please email email@example.com.