10:30am to 12:30pm, 10 January 2023, BFI Southbank
Victorian Britain comes to life in this interactive event. We will explore two Charles Dickens novels, Great Expectations and Oliver Twist, and will watch suitable clips from their film adaptations to compare them to passages from the original text. Then, we will watch some short silent films from the BFI National Archive shot in the late Victorian era. This provides a rare opportunity to see Victorian children, similar to Pip and Oliver, and to engage pupils in discussion around how life has changed over the last hundred years.
- £6 per student. Accompanying teachers / adults are charged £1 per 5 students – otherwise student rate applies.
- To book call 020 7815 1329 and pay using a credit/debit card or download, print and return the booking form with cheque or card details.
- Schools which have over 20% of students receiving free school meals should ask about a discount when booking.
- Please book by 12pm the day before the event.
- We cannot reserve seats, send invoices or accept BACS payments.
- For any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.