Claudia has been brought up in isolation by her mother in a remote rural home miles away from the nearest town. Emotionally unequipped to cope with her mother’s suicide, Claudia hides in her ramshackle old house, her beloved dog her only company until the spirited Grace breezes into her life. The two women very quickly form a close bond, teaching each other the joy that can be found in life and falling in love along the way. But their idyllic summer can’t last forever and as the adult world closes in on them is Grace’s love strong enough to keep Claudia afloat? A remarkable debut from Katie Found, this is queer filmmaking at its best.
Emma Smart, Programmer
Accessibility Available with closed captions and audio description
Running time 80 minutes
Please note, this film contains themes of suicide.
Production company Noise & Light
How to watch
- On BFI Player in the UK with a ticket or festival pass
- Watch at any time during the festival
- 4 hours to finish once you start watching
More about how to watch a film or event at BFI Flare.
- £10 or £8 for BFI Members
- £5 for 16 to 25-year-olds – sign up for your free BFI 25 & Under account