Cristi’s lover Hadi is visiting from Paris. Their reunion is passionate, but Cristi’s life as a police officer is proving increasingly problematic. A religious group of homophobic protestors interrupt the screening of a gay film festival. Cristi’s dogged determination to maintain his straight facade reaches crisis point in front of his colleagues when a former lover tries to engage him in conversation. In this tightly constructed drama we feel the unbearable tension of Cristi’s predicament, trapped by a combination of threats from protestors, his colleagues and ex-lover. This rare but welcome LGBTIQ+ feature from Romania is a revealing insight into the pressures of the closet.
Brian Robinson, Programmer
Language Romanian, French and English with English subtitles
Running time 82 minutes
Please note, this film contains scenes of graphic violence.
Sales Patra Spanou Film
How to watch
- On BFI Player in the UK with a ticket or festival pass
- Watch at any time during the festival
- 4 hours to finish once you start watching
More about how to watch a film or event at BFI Flare.
- £10 or £8 for BFI Members
- £5 for 16 to 25-year-olds – sign up for your free BFI 25 & Under account