We’re continually monitoring government guidelines on COVID-19, and have a number of measures in place:
- BFI staff will continue to wear face masks and we expect you to do so too in the screens and around the building, unless you are exempt.
- There is an enhanced cleaning regime in place at festival venues that includes cleaning in-between screenings and multiple daily touch point cleaning.
- Hand sanitiser is widely available throughout festival venues.
- Please buy tickets online in advance to help us reduce the need for queuing indoors. Tickets bought online will be emailed to customers. However, our Box Office counter at BFI Southbank will be open 11:30 until 20:30 daily for walk-ups and on the day tickets.
- In line with government guidelines, screens will be at full capacity, and we’ll have allocated seating.
- We strongly recommend that you use the NHS Track and Trace app. Download the NHS COVID app.
- We won’t be requiring proof of vaccination or a recent negative test. If you are displaying COVID-19 symptoms please do not attend the event, stay at home and follow NHS guidance.
Please show consideration and kindness to others and be respectful of personal space and boundaries. Please leave space between you and others where possible. If there’s any change in advice we’ll email all ticket holders and will update this page.
Other things you might find useful:
- We will issue refunds if you become ill with COVID and need to self-isolate. As a charity we are unable to issue refunds for any other reason.
- BFI Southbank has safe space available for audiences who need some quiet time. Please ask a member of staff who’ll be happy to help.
- Doors to standard screenings open 30 mins before the advertised start time, and red carpets will be open for an hour before the advertised start time. We encourage audiences to arrive early.
- Our red carpet gala premieres will be taking place at the Southbank Centre’s Royal Festival Hall and audiences are welcome to watch the red carpet arrivals in person. We have specially designated areas and security on hand to help.
Accessible screening information will be available here from Tuesday 7 September.
We look forward to seeing you at #LFF!