During this specialist course, you will work in a TV studio with a small group to create a set based on a drama script.
Guided by industry professionals, you’ll spend the week developing your skills through practical workshops and industry masterclasses before working together to find out what it really takes to be part of a professional art department in film and high-end TV drama. You will:
- find out what goes into making a realistic environment on a built set — starting with making scale drawings, through to dressing the set
- learn how props are produced in-house
- explore what it takes to become a great production designer, art director, set dresser or prop maker
- develop your portfolio and prepare for working professionally in the industry
- use your skills to work together as a team to dress a set in the style of a high-end television show
At the end of this practical exploration, a short scene will be filmed on your set and then screened at the end of the course.
During the week, we will also take the opportunity to tour a working film studio, a professional prop house and one of the top TV and film design degree courses at the University of South Wales in Cardiff. Throughout the course you will meet professionals at every stage of their career who will help you discover the skills and pathways to working in a film or HETV art department.
|Calling the Shots
|10 to 16 February 2024
|Number of places
|18 October 2023
|4 December 2023
For further details please visit the Calling the Shots website.