How to find us
BFI Reuben Library
London SE1 8XT
Tuesday to Saturday: 12pm to 4pm
Closed Sunday and Monday
We are closed on all public holidays. There are occasional venue closures during the year. Please check this page or contact us before making a special journey.
Health and safety measures
Your health and safety and that of our teams are our top priority. There are a few differences in how you access our services:
- opening hours are Tuesday to Saturday 12pm to 4pm
- pre-booking essential via Box Office or online
- as self-browsing won’t be possible, all material needs to be requested in advance or on the day, using the request form
- 2m physical distancing to be observed, reducing capacity
- face coverings must be worn at all times
- lockers won’t be in use and the use of scanners and computer access will be limited
- regular cleaning during the day of the spaces/equipment used, and deep cleaning overnight
Find out information about accessing BFI Southbank.
We look forward to welcoming you again soon. If you’d like to speak with one of our Library team before your visit please contact us.
Access for people with disabilities
Our library desk is fitted with an induction loop system and we have a range of assistive technology for users whose sight is impaired.
Contact us to discuss your access requirements.
Search the collections
Our collection of materials on film and television is available to all, free of charge. Most items can be accessed on the day, and items held in storage can be requested in advance.
Complete an advance request form for access to items which aren’t available in the Edwin Fox Foundation Reading Room. A minimum of one day’s notice is required, dependent on the location of the material.
Contact us for general enquires and planning your research.
Using the library
Any personal items left in the library or the library lockers at the end of the day are passed to BFI Southbank security. The security office is situated opposite the entrance to NFT2.
Telephone: 020 7815 1355