BFI Player is our award-winning video on demand service available to universities and colleges across the UK.
Offering hundreds of the best British, world and classic cinema titles handpicked by our curators, and an exclusive weekly review from Mark Kermode, it is the leading platform for world and independent cinema. Subscribers can also access archive shorts and features from the BFI, national and regional archives.
Watch our BFI Player student subscription trailer.
BFI Player provides wonderful opportunities across the university, and working together will enhance our research and students’ employability.”Professor Jane Stewart, Executive Dean of the Faculty of Arts and Humanities Durham University
As standard, we deliver:
- monthly student outreach emails with recommendations, exclusive competitions and wider BFI opportunities
- monthly staff emails with updated titles and expiry dates, collection picks and news on BFI flagship events, including the BFI London Film Festival
- marketing pack to help promote the service, including trailer, digital posters, social media assets and a step-by-step guide of how to redeem subscriptions
We work with departments, faculties or cross-institutionally to deliver benefits throughout the academic year, including:
- curated screenings
- BFI National Archive trips
- careers weeks
- film clubs
- briefs and knowledge exchange
- bespoke projects
Meet the universities we’re working with to bring BFI Player to more than 200,000 students.
We have three subscription models:
- discounted access to BFI Player for staff and students
- access to our menu of benefits plus discounted access to BFI Player for staff and students
- opportunities for bespoke projects
- access to an extended menu of benefits plus discounted access to BFI Player for staff and students
We are now actively planning further activities that will underpin the second year of the partnership, which we believe will also enhance the subject area in its regional, national and international contexts.”Professor Xavier Mendik, Director of BCU Film Futures