Final deadline dates for receipt of online submission forms and film screeners
- UK and international short films (40 minutes or less) – Thursday 17 June 2021, 17:00 British Summer Time (BST)
- UK feature-length films (more than 40 minutes) – Thursday 17 June 2021, 17:00 BST
We are pleased to open our submission for LFF 2021 to UK shorts and features and international short films.
Each year the BFI London Film Festival presents a selection of the best in world cinema, showing audiences a wide array of films, representing a variety of languages, genres and filmmaking styles.
The LFF showcases exceptional British filmmaking alongside international work, and the programme spans features, shorts, fiction, documentary, artists’ moving image, restorations, animation and films for families, alongside titles destined for awards-season glory.
Seeking films for selection, our programmers view films at other festivals, follow alumni filmmakers’ work, and research films in production from UK distributors and international partners, actively tracking new work from different territories.
The submissions process enables us to be open to filmmakers who wish for their films to be considered, so the festival can encounter fresh filmmaking voices that may not reach us by other means, ensuring we consider the widest possible pool of new work, from directorial debuts to established talent.
How to submit
Please read the guidelines and regulations before submitting a film for consideration. It won’t take long and is important for checking your film’s eligibility. You can download the guidelines and regulations below.
Then, for all films, UK and international shorts and UK feature submissions, please complete the online submissions form and PayPal payment.
For UK features or short films please see point 9 of the guidelines and regulations PDF for information regarding UK production classification.
All deadline times are local British time, GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) or BST (British Summer Time).
Fee for international short films
- Regular is £20 if received by Friday 4 June 2021, 17:00 BST
- Late submission £30 if received after Friday 4 June, 17:00 BST to Thursday 17 June 2021, 17:00 BST
Fee for UK feature films
- Early bird £30 if received by Friday 9 April 2021, 17:00 GMT
- Regular £40 if received after Friday 9 April, 17:00 GMT to Friday 4 June 2021, 17:00 BST
- Late submission £55 if received after Friday 4 June, 17:00 BST to Thursday 17 June 2021, 17:00 BST
Fee for UK short films
- Regular £15 if received by Friday 4 June 2021, 17:00 BST
- Late submission £25 if received after Friday 4 June, 17:00 BST to Thursday 17 June 2021, 17:00 BST
On completion of your online submission form and confirmation of successful payment, you will be sent a confirmation email containing delivery instructions for a DVD screener (if you have not already provided a password-protected viewing online link).
For any queries about film submissions please email email@example.com.