Final deadline dates for receipt of online submission forms and film screeners
- UK and International Short films (40 mins or less) – Friday 2nd June 2023, 17.00 British Summer Time (BST)
- UK Feature length films only (more than 40 mins) – Friday 2nd June 2023, 17.00 British Summer Time (BST)
We are pleased to open our submissions for LFF 2023 to UK shorts and features and international short films.
The BFI London Film Festival (4 to 15 October 2023) presents a selection of the best in world cinema, showing audiences a wide array of films, representing a variety of languages, genres and filmmaking styles.
The LFF showcases exceptional British filmmaking alongside international work, and the programme spans features, shorts, fiction, documentary, artists’ moving image, restorations, animation and films for families, alongside titles destined for awards-season glory.
Seeking films for selection, our programmers view films at other festivals, follow alumni filmmakers’ work, and research films in production from UK distributors and international partners, actively tracking new work from different territories.
The submissions process enables us to be open to filmmakers who wish for their films to be considered, so the festival can encounter fresh filmmaking voices that may not reach us by other means, ensuring we consider the widest possible pool of new work, from directorial debuts to established talent.
We are interested in discovering feature length work from regions currently under-represented in UK exhibition including The Caribbean, Africa, South Asia and South East Asia. If you have a feature length project from these regions which fits our other criteria, please contact us directly via our submissions inbox — firstname.lastname@example.org — with more information and we can discuss further.
How to submit
Our guidelines and regulations for submitting a film for consideration, important for checking your film’s eligibility, can be downloaded below:
Please read our guidelines and regulations carefully before submission.
Then, for all films, UK and international shorts and UK feature submissions, please complete the online submissions form and PayPal payment – now closed.
For UK features or short films please see point 11 of the guidelines and regulations PDF for information regarding UK production classification.
All deadline times are local British time, BST (British Summer Time).
Fee for International short films
- Regular is £25 if received by Friday 19 May 2023, 17:00 BST
- Late Submission £45 if received Friday 19 May, 17:01 BST to Friday 2 June 2023, 17:00 BST
Fee for UK feature films
- Early Bird £35 if received by Friday 31 March 2023, 17:00 BST
- Regular £45 if received Friday 31 March, 17:01 BST to Friday 19 May 2023, 17:00 BST
- Late Submission £70 if received Friday 19 May 2023, 17:01 BST June to Friday 2 June 2023, 17:00 BST
Fee for UK short films
- Early Bird £16 if received by Friday 31 March 2023, 17:00 BST
- Regular £22 if received Friday 31 March, 17:01 BST to Friday 19 May 2023, 17:00 BST
- Late Submission £35 if received Friday 19 May 2023, 17:01 BST June to Friday 2 June 2023, 17:00 BST
On completion of your online submission form and confirmation of successful payment, you will be sent a confirmation email containing delivery instructions for a DVD screener (if you have not already provided a password-protected viewing online link).
For any queries about film submissions please email email@example.com.