The BFI London Film Festival presents a selection of the best in world cinema, showing audiences a wide array of films, representing a variety of languages, genres and filmmaking styles.
Final deadline dates for receipt of online submission forms and film screeners
- UK and international short films (40 minutes or less) – Thursday 9 June 2022, 17:00 British Summer Time (BST)
- UK feature-length films (more than 40 minutes) – Thursday 9 June 2022, 17:00 British Summer Time (BST)
We are pleased to open our submission for LFF 2022 to UK shorts and features and international short films.
The BFI London Film Festival (October 2022) presents a selection of the best in world cinema, showing audiences a wide array of films, representing a variety of languages, genres and filmmaking styles.
The LFF showcases exceptional British filmmaking alongside international work, and the programme spans features, shorts, fiction, documentary, artists’ moving image, restorations, animation and films for families, alongside titles destined for awards-season glory.
Seeking films for selection, our programmers view films at other festivals, follow alumni filmmakers’ work, and research films in production from UK distributors and international partners, actively tracking new work from different territories.
The submissions process enables us to be open to filmmakers who wish for their films to be considered, so the festival can encounter fresh filmmaking voices that may not reach us by other means, ensuring we consider the widest possible pool of new work, from directorial debuts to established talent.
We are particularly interested in receiving more feature films from the Caribbean, South Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa. If you have a project which fits the criteria, please email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org with more information.
How to submit
Our guidelines and regulations for submitting a film for consideration – important for checking your film’s eligibility – can be downloaded below:
Then, for all films, UK and international shorts and UK feature submissions, please complete the online submissions form and PayPal payment.
On completion of your online submission form and confirmation of successful payment, you will be sent a confirmation email containing delivery instructions for a DVD screener (if you have not already provided a password-protected viewing online link).
For any queries about film submissions please email email@example.com.
For UK features or short films please see point 11 of the guidelines and regulations PDF for information regarding UK production classification.
All deadline times are local British time, BST (British Summer Time).
Fee for International short films
- Regular is £20 if received by Friday 27 May 2022, 17:00 BST
- Late submission £35 if received Friday 27 May, 17:01 BST to Thursday 9 June 2022, 17:00 BST
Fee for UK feature films
- Early bird £30 if received by Friday 1 April 2022, 17:00 BST
- Regular £40 if received Friday 1 April, 17:01 BST to Friday 27 May 2022, 17:00 BST
- Late submission £55 if received Friday 27 May 2022, 17:01 BST June to Thursday 9 June 2022, 17:00 BST
Fee for UK short films
- Early bird £15 if received by Friday 1 April 2022, 17:00 BST
- Regular £20 if received Friday 1 April, 17:01 BST to Friday 27 May 2022 17:00 BST
- Late submission £25 if received Friday 27 May 2022, 17:01 BST to Thursday 9 June 2022, 17:00 BST
Artist film and video
Work should only be submitted under the artist film and video category if you feel your film is most suited to our Experimenta strand of work from artists working with the moving image. Please check our website for information on work that previously screened in the Experimenta strand in 2021 and email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries.