10:30am to 3:30pm, 22 November 2022, at BFI Southbank
This study day is an ideal introduction to the prevalent themes and style in the films of the Spanish director Pedro Almodóvar, structured in response to the AQA and Edexcel A Level specifications.
Conducted mainly in Spanish, the morning will consist of a clip-based presentation giving an overview of Almodóvar’s work including narrative themes, character archetypes, visual style and influences, casting and intertextuality. The presentation will focus on All About My Mother (1999) and Volver (2006) and explore how Almodóvar’s themes, characterisation and style are apparent in both films. Students will be supported in studying key scenes and engaging with in-depth textual analysis. In the afternoon there will be an introduced screening of Volver.
A resource pack will be available on the day.
- £12.50 per student. Accompanying teachers / adults are charged £1 per 5 students – otherwise student rate applies.
- To book call 020 7815 1329 and pay using a credit/debit card or download, print and return the booking form with cheque or card details.
- Schools which have over 20% of students receiving free school meals should ask about a discount when booking.
- Please book by 12pm the day before the event.
- We cannot reserve seats, send invoices or accept BACS payments.
- For any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.