10.30am to 3.30pm, 24 January and 21 February 2024, BFI Southbank
Conducted mainly in French, this interactive study day will use short films to explore themes of identity culture, and belonging, to introduce students to new vocabulary and provide them with opportunities to practice their listening, speaking and writing.
The event has been designed to support teaching across the French AQA, Edexcel and Eduqas GCSE specifications, using French short films curated with KS4 students in mind.
The morning will consist of a presentation interspersed with short film screenings, clip analysis and lesson activities aimed at introducing students to new vocabulary, supporting them with their critical film analysis skills and encouraging them to discuss the issues raised in the films in the target language.
In the afternoon there will be an introduced screening of suitable French feature film or short film programme. A resource pack will be available on the day.
- £10 per student. Accompanying teachers / adults are charged £1 per 5 students – otherwise student rate applies.
- To book call 020 7815 1329 and pay using a credit/debit card or download, print and return the booking form with cheque or card details.
- Schools which have over 20% of students receiving free school meals should ask about a discount when booking.
- Please book by 12pm the day before the event.
- We cannot reserve seats, send invoices or accept BACS payments.
- For any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.