10:30am to 3:30pm, 28 February, BFI Southbank and 10:30 - 2:30pm 19 March 2024, BFI IMAX
- Please note there will be a shorter lunch break on 19 March and there will not be an introduction to the afternoon screening, but an additional screening resource will be available.
Conducted mainly in Spanish, this interactive study day will use short films to explore themes of identity and culture, introduce students to new vocabulary and provide them with opportunities to practice their listening, speaking and writing.
The event has been designed to support across the Spanish AQA, Edexcel and Eduqas GCSE specifications, using Spanish short films curated with KS4 students in mind. The morning will consist of a presentation interspersed with short film screenings, clip analysis and lesson activities aimed at introducing students to new vocabulary, supporting them with their critical film analysis skills and encouraging them to discuss the issues raised in the films in the target language. In the afternoon there will be an introduced screening of the 2022 Spanish language film, Llenos de Gracia.
A resource pack will be available on the day.
- £10 per student. Accompanying teachers / adults are charged £1 per 5 students – otherwise student rate applies.
- £40 for teachers attending without students.
- To book call 020 7815 1329 and pay using a credit/debit card or download, print and return the booking form with cheque or card details.
- Schools which have over 20% of students receiving free school meals should ask about a discount when booking.
- Please book by 12pm the day before the event.
- We cannot reserve seats, send invoices or accept BACS payments.
- For any queries, please email email@example.com.