10:30am to 3pm, 17 January 2024, BFI Southbank
This in-person study day links to AQA, OCR and Eduqas, where students will explore newspapers across a range of platforms in a dynamic format. Key products analysed include The Guardian, The Sun (plus online platform), The Observer (plus online platform), the Daily Mirror and The Times.
Media language and representation, as well as media industries and audience using historical, social, cultural and political contexts will be examined. Analysis of the relationship between online and offline news will reveal newspapers as evolving media products. There will also be the chance to meet an industry professional from the Guardian newspaper.
Our in-venue events take place in one of the BFI’s auditoriums, school groups are encouraged to engage in an interactive lecture where learning activities using clips are designed to pique interest. Students are supported to share their thoughts and ideas helping to build confidence and deepen understanding.
- £10 per student. Accompanying teachers / adults are charged £1 per 5 students – otherwise student rate applies.
- £40 for teachers attending without students.
- To book call 020 7815 1329 and pay using a credit/debit card or download, print and return the booking form with cheque or card details.
- Please book by 12pm the day before the event.
- We cannot reserve seats, send invoices or accept BACS payments.
- For any queries, please email email@example.com.