10:30am to 3pm, 14 November 2023, BFI Southbank
During this study day students will be supported as we apply theory and study key products from the AQA, Eduqas, and OCR specifications such as: the Daily Mirror, the Daily Mail, The Guardian and The Times newspapers. Analytical skills needed in exams will be developed while modes of media language specific to newspapers will be embedded.
We will debate representation as well as the role of audience using historical, social, cultural and political contexts. Media industries will be investigated and reference to social and participatory media will reveal newspapers to be evolving media products.
There will also be the opportunity to meet an industry speaker from The Guardian newspaper.
Our in-venue events take place in one of the BFI’s auditoriums, school groups are encouraged to engage in an interactive lecture where learning activities using clips are designed to pique interest. Students are supported to share their thoughts and ideas helping to build confidence and deepen understanding.
It is hoped the Q&A with industry professionals will provide a rare and memorable experience which brings the subject to life for students.
- £12.50 per student. Accompanying teachers / adults are charged £1 per 5 students – otherwise student rate applies.
- £40 for teachers attending without students.
- To book call 020 7815 1329 and pay using a credit/debit card or download, print and return the booking form with cheque or card details.
- We offer a further subsidy for schools who have over 20% of students who receive free school meals.
- Please book by 12pm the day before the event.
- We cannot reserve seats, send invoices or accept BACS payments.
- For any queries, please email email@example.com.