10:30am to 3pm, 22 February 2024, BFI Southbank
We are thrilled to offer this study day focused on Sarah Gavron’s BAFTA award-winning Rocks (2019). This unique event offers the rare opportunity to watch Rocks on the big screen, as well as to ask members of the cast and/or crew questions about the film, and their approaches to making it.
New to the GCSE Film Studies specification, our interactive introduction to the film will discuss the importance of the ‘loose’ documentary style of cinematography as well as unpack social, cultural and political contexts.
Our in-venue events take place in one of the BFI’s auditoriums, school groups are encouraged to engage with learning activities and are supported to share their thoughts and ideas helping to build confidence and deepen understanding.
- £10 per student. Accompanying teachers / adults are charged £1 per 5 students – otherwise student rate applies.
- £40 for teachers attending without students.
- To book call 020 7815 1329 and pay using a credit/debit card or download, print and return the booking form with cheque or card details.
- We offer a further subsidy for schools who have over 20% of students who receive free school meals.
- Please book by 12pm the day before the event.
- We cannot reserve seats, send invoices or accept BACS payments.
- For any queries, please email email@example.com.