10:30am to 3:30pm, 21 March 2024, BFI Southbank
This Spanish KS5 study day will focus on contemporary films that explore the dictatorships of Franco and Pinochet linking to the historical and socio-political sub-themes studied within AQA, Edexcel and Eduqas A level specifications.
Conducted mostly in Spanish, in the morning there will be an introduced screening of The Silence of Others (Almudena Carracedo, Robert Bahar 2018). The afternoon will consist of a clip-based presentation about the film and how it explores the representation of political repression as well as ideas of the ‘disappeared’, memory wars, and the struggle of victims who are still calling for justice.
The day will provide A-level Spanish students with the opportunity to delve deeper into current historical and political issues alongside learning about film language, developing film analysis skills and expanding their vocabulary.
This event includes an exclusive Q&A with subjects from the documentary to take place after the afternoon presentation.
- £12.50 per student. Accompanying teachers / adults are charged £1 per 5 students – otherwise student rate applies.
- To book call 020 7815 1329 and pay using a credit/debit card or download, print and return the booking form with cheque or card details.
- Schools which have over 20% of students receiving free school meals should ask about a discount when booking.
- Please book by 12pm the day before the event.
- We cannot reserve seats, send invoices or accept BACS payments.
- For any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.