11am to 12pm, 27 September 2023, online via Zoom
Join us online for an introduction to the key elements of media language, including visual codes, technical and audio codes and narrative. Using illustrative examples from a range of products this online event will be useful to all students of Media Studies and aims to provide understanding of media language which will underpin their study of media at GCSE level.
The session will incorporate activities to reinforce knowledge and understanding of this key element of the theoretical framework and consider how aspects of media language can then be applied in the classroom both to the study of the set products and in creating individual productions for the NEA component of the course.
Throughout the presentation students will be asked to contribute their thoughts and opinions via the chat box function in Zoom. The learning activities are clip based and varied, designed to pique interest and engage students.
- £30 per student group up to 15 students.
- £60 per student group up to 65 students.
- £90 per student group larger than 65 students.
- £10 per student for homeschooled students.
- £20 for teachers without students.
- To book call 020 7815 1329 and pay using a credit/debit card or download, print and return the booking form with cheque or card details.
- Please book by 12pm the day before the event.
- We cannot reserve seats, send invoices or accept BACS payments.
- For any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.