The BFI Film Audience Network (BFI FAN) is a collaboration of 8 film hubs, managed by leading film organisations and venues around the UK.
It has over 1,200 members, including:
- multi-arts venues
- community cinemas
- film archives
Supported by National Lottery funding it aims to build more diverse audiences for UK and international film and support the cinema exhibition sector.
The role of film hubs
Film hubs are centres of expertise and support that connect cinemas, festivals and creative practitioners.
They help people across the UK to access a broader range of films, and use local knowledge to help film exhibitors.
It’s free for exhibitors to join their local hub and membership offers a range of benefits, which include:
- financial support with access to funding
- access to special film seasons and programmes
- networking opportunities
BFI FAN supports UK-wide projects
BFI FAN runs a range of UK-wide projects to strengthen the exhibition sector and develop more diverse audiences for independent cinema.
- UK-wide programming opportunities that FAN members can take part in (such as BFI Blockbuster seasons)
- support for new releases, with marketing support and budget for social media
- support for screen heritage and archive film activity
- initiatives to boost young audiences and broaden inclusivity, such as the Inclusive Cinema toolkit
- national industry events such as This Way Up and Distributor Slate Day
BFI FAN engages with production and talent development
Each film hub in England is home to at least one BFI NETWORK talent executive dedicated to working with new talent in the region, alongside executives in Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
BFI NETWORK, supported by National Lottery funding, works to discover and support talented writers, directors and producers at the start of their careers with short film funding, early feature development, professional development, community-building and networking support.
If you have any questions about BFI Film Audience Network, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.