You can get help if you need support to apply for funding.
You might need support because you are disabled, neurodivergent or another reason.
What access support can help with
You can get help with:
- accessing our fund guidelines in other formats, like large print or audio
- understanding a fund’s guidelines
- completing an application form
You cannot get access support to:
- help develop your film or project
- pay for costs already covered by other support you might receive, such as Access to Work
- pay for hardware or software
When you can get support
You can get support:
- before applying
- while making an application
- after an application has been submitted, if we ask for more information or a meeting
How to get support
We work with TAPE Community Film and Music to provide access support. TAPE is an award-winning, community arts charity based in North Wales.
You can contact TAPE by telephone on 01492 512 109 or use their contact form.
Asking for support or sharing information about yourself will not negatively affect your application.
Enquiries not related to access support
If you have a general question about our funds or the application process, you should email the team in charge of the fund. You can usually find this information in the first chapter of the fund guidelines.
If you need help with our application platform, email email@example.com.
Data protection notice
Any personal information and details that you share with TAPE Community Music and Film about your project may be shared with the BFI. Information about the kind of access support you get will also be shared with the BFI. If the support you get is for a fund managed by one of the BFI’s partners, this information will also be shared with the organisation managing that fund.
This information will only be used by the BFI and its partners for monitoring purposes and it will be kept confidential. It would not be used as part of the application assessment process.