In order to qualify for the UK’s creative sector tax reliefs, all films, animation and television programmes or video games must be certified as British through the cultural test or qualify as an official co-production.

The unit offers advice on qualification under the cultural tests, the UK’s bi-lateral co-production agreements and the European Convention on Cinematographic Co-production.

Find out about the tax reliefs.

Apply for British certification

Qualify through the cultural test or as an official co-production.