As well as meeting other Production Fund criteria, co-productions need to qualify as a British film under one of the following ways:
- The cultural test for film
- The European Convention on cinematographic co-productions
- One of the UK’s official bi-lateral co-production agreements
More information about qualifying as a British film.
When we assess applications, priority will be given to projects where:
- a world-class, non-British filmmaker wishes to engage with UK talent or cultural content
- UK involvement enhances the international appeal of an exceptional project that has been originated outside of the UK
- an international project gives an opportunity to an outstanding, emerging talent from the UK
Apply for funding
Applications for co-productions should be made via the Production Fund.
If you have any questions relating to funding for co-productions, please email email@example.com.
We can provide assistance to applicants who have a disability, are D/deaf, have a visual or hearing impairment or are neurodiverse, where this support is needed for someone to make an application. See Access support for BFI Film Fund applicants.