Applications for the International Business Development strand are now closed.
What you can apply for
- funding for business strategies to create, acquire and/or exploit Intellectual Property (IP) for increased international revenue and profile. Strategies must start in 2021 and span three years
- between £50,000 and £200,000 in total over the three-year period, with support in the form of non-repayable grants
Who can apply
The International Business Development strand is open to UK companies engaged in creating, acquiring, and/or exploiting IP in at least one of the following categories:
- feature films – fiction, documentary, animation – for theatrical and/or online release
- programmes – fiction, documentary, animation – for broadcast television, video-on-demand services or other forms of online release
- interactive narrative video games for distribution on commercial digital platforms with the aim of generating revenue
Our funding priorities
This strand aims to support the development of UK screen content businesses focusing on revenue generation through export and international expansion.
UK Global Screen Fund (UKGSF) support will enable eligible companies to achieve measurable results, including:
- assisting companies to develop a strong presence in the international marketplace
- developing quality UK projects aimed at the global marketplace
- supporting the creation of new business partnerships and alliances
- supporting the development of new international revenue streams and private sector investment
- assisting companies in establishing targeted development, production, sales, distribution and marketing strategies which exploit new opportunities in the global digital and online realm
In addition, in making awards through each of its strands, the fund is seeking to ensure a UK-wide benefit and address geographic imbalance within the industry.
Therefore, as part of our assessment, we will consider:
- where the applicant company is based
- how the IP that the company creates, acquires and/or exploits reflects the culture and talent of Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales and the English regions outside Greater London
What you need to provide
To complete the application form you will need to supply:
- full details of the eligible company and their current position in the marketplace
- an innovative three-year business strategy for international growth
- financial projections showing how and when growth will be achieved
- two years of company accounts
- detailed budget showing how the funding will be used
- data supporting your track record and projected outcomes
- a plan for outcomes and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) linked to this funding
The full list of what must be supplied in the application form and as an attachment is set out in the funding guidelines.
Our resources: application outcomes and feedback
The extremely competitive nature of our funding means we often have to turn down projects even when they meet all of our stated criteria.
We aim to make the application process as fair and transparent as possible. As a result of the volume of applications we receive, we do not have the resources to provide feedback on projects that have been declined.