The BFI is investing £3 million by March 2022 to support data collection, analysis and research. This research supports UK screen industries in telling British stories and developing British talent.
Research is published on this website and made available through associated events.
The objectives of the fund are to:
- increase and improve the quality and impact of evidence underpinning decisions on the future of the sector – their culture, practice and economic and policy needs
- provide users from industry, government and academia with instant access to statistics, analysis and research resources
- address a series of key research priorities for the screen sectors
- foster strategic collaboration between public policy-makers, industry, academia and wider screen-sector stakeholders
- distribute findings so they are available for stakeholders and the public
An external advisory group provides expertise, quality assurance and oversight, and recommends priorities for research and statistics resourced by the fund.
The advisory group includes cultural, educational and creative organisations, academics, private companies, and the wider film community.
If you would like to become a BFI supplier, find out more about selling to the BFI.