The Bed Sitting Room
A Film by Richard Lester
In a vividly realised post-apocalyptic London, Mrs Ethel Shroake is crowned Queen and Lord Fortnum awaits his imminent transformation into a bedsitting room. Meanwhile, 17-months pregnant Penelope and her parents leave the safety of their underground carriage to find her a husband and finally reclaim their baggage.
Richard Lester’s sharply satirical end-of-the-world comedy is based on a beautifully bittersweet, Goonish script by John Antrobus and Spike Milligan.
“…acerbic and slapstick and quintessentially British.” Roger Ebert.
- Presented in both high definition and standard definition.
- Original trailer.
- Three Bernard Braden ‘Now and Then’ interviews from 1967: Richard Lester (18 min); Spike Milligan (41 min); Peter Cook (31 min).
- Fully illustrated booklet with film notes, contemporary reviews, original promotional materials and biographies.
Original aspect ratio
- 2 Europe (except Russia, Ukraine, and Belarus), Middle East, Egypt, Japan, South Africa, Swaziland, Lesotho, Greenland, French Overseas departments and territories
- B - Includes most European and Middle-Eastern countries, all of Africa, Australia and New Zealand