A film by Jerzy Skolimowski
Newly employed at a run-down London swimming baths, Mike (John Moulder-Brown) obsesses after his sassy and self-assured co-worker (Jane Asher) whilst collecting tips for the special services he is expected to perform for clients (including the superb Diana Dors). Darkly comic and utterly compelling, this portrait of Britain in a era of uncertainty makes its long overdue return to the screen in a new digital restoration with extensive bonus features.
- Dual Format Edition: includes both the Blu-ray and the DVD of the film and the extras.
- New high definition restoration.
- Starting Out: The Making of Deep End (2011, 73 min): an in-depth documentary about the making of the film, featuring interviews with Jerzy Skolimowski, Jane Asher, John Moulder Brown, and principle crew.
- Deep End: The Deleted Scenes (2011, 8 min): featurette about sequences removed from the film.
- Careless Love (Francine Winham, 1977, 10 min): Rare and disturbing tale in which a woman (Jane Asher) takes drastic actions to keep the affections of the man she loves.
- Illustrated booklet featuring new sleevenote essay by David Thompson.
English for the hard-of-hearing
Original aspect ratio
- 2 Europe (except Russia, Ukraine, and Belarus), Middle East, Egypt, Japan, South Africa, Swaziland, Lesotho, Greenland, French Overseas departments and territories
- B - Includes most European and Middle-Eastern countries, all of Africa, Australia and New Zealand