The Miners’ Hymns
A film by Bill Morrison
This elegy, in film and music, to the coal mining history of north east England, is the product of an exceptional creative collaboration between renowned filmmaker Bill Morrison (Decasia) and acclaimed musician and composer Johann Johannson.
Collaged from archive film footage and drawing on the region’s brass music culture, The Miners’ Hymns celebrates the labour, endurance, vibrant community and rich culture that characterised the lives of those who worked underground.
- Concert Documentation - Excerpts (2010, 12 min): highlights from the live premiere performances in Durham Cathedral.
- Interview with Bill Morrison and Jhann Jhannson (2010, 8 min).
- Original trailer.
- Illustrated booklet with essays and notes.
- Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround option (448 kbps).
Colour and Black/white
Original aspect ratio
- 2 Europe (except Russia, Ukraine, and Belarus), Middle East, Egypt, Japan, South Africa, Swaziland, Lesotho, Greenland, French Overseas departments and territories