The Ozu Collection – The Gangster Films
The latest volume in the BFI’s ongoing releases of the works of Japanese master Yasujiro Ozu (Tokyo Story) focuses on his crime films. These rare, silent works mix the thrills of western filmmaking with compositions that served as a forerunner to his renowned, mature, post-war style.
All films are presented here with newly commissioned scores by Ed Hughes.
The set includes: Walk Cheerfully (1930, 92 min), That Night’s Wife (1930, 63 min), and Dragnet Girl (1933, 96 min).
- Digitally remastered with newly created English subtitles.
- The only surviving fragment of A Straightforward Boy (1929, 13 min).
- Newly commissioned scores by composer Ed Hughes.
- Illustrated booklet with new essays and complete film credits.
- 2 Europe (except Russia, Ukraine, and Belarus), Middle East, Egypt, Japan, South Africa, Swaziland, Lesotho, Greenland, French Overseas departments and territories