The Pleasure Girls
A film by Gerry O’Hara
When Sally (Francesca Annis) moves to London to pursue a modelling career, she moves in with Angela (Anneke Wills, Doctor Who) and Dee (future Hammer girl Suzanna Leigh) and discovers the world of the carefree bachelor girl in Swinging London. Over one weekend – filled with parties, blossoming friendships, and romantic encounters with Keith (Ian McShane) and Nikko (Klaus Kinski) – the vivacious girls learn about life’s pleasures and pains.
Shot on location, with sparkling dialogue and lively performances from its young ensemble cast, this engaging drama bears the hallmarks of director Gerry O’Hara’s (That Kind of Girl, The Brute) assured style.
- All films presented in both high definition and standard definition.
- Alternative complete export cut (Blu-ray only).
- Export version scenes (DVD only) 12 min.
- Original theatrical trailer.
- The Rocking Horse (1962, 24 min).
- The Meeting (Mamoun Hassan, 1964, 10 min).
- Fully illustrated booklet featuring new pieces by Gerry O’Hara, Professor Sue Harper, and Mamoun Hassan.
English for the hard-of-hearing
Original aspect ratio
- 2 Europe (except Russia, Ukraine, and Belarus), Middle East, Egypt, Japan, South Africa, Swaziland, Lesotho, Greenland, French Overseas departments and territories
- B - Includes most European and Middle-Eastern countries, all of Africa, Australia and New Zealand