Further to our last announcement we’ve had to make a number of changes to our August and September DVD/Blu-ray schedule.
- Our deluxe Werner Herzog Collection box set will now be released 25 August, and has been postponed in order for us to licence additional extra features and do some additional remastering work to a number of the films.
- Eyes without a Face will now be released on 22 September. This will now be a three-disc Collector’s edition (2xDVD, 1xBlu-ray) featuring a number of short films by director Georges Franju, including La Première Nuit, Monsieur et Madame Curie and the notorious Le Sang des bêtes, as well as a Tim Lucas commentary and the 2009 documentary Les Fleurs maladives de Georges Franju.
New releases in August and September will include:
- The Boy from Space: the first time on DVD for the cult BBC children’s sci-fi series, released on the same day as The Changes (18 August)
- Kurosawa Samurai Collection Blu-ray box-set, featuring new high-definition transfers of Seven Samurai, Throne of Blood, The Hidden Fortress, Yojimbo and Sanjuro (25 August)
- The British Transport Film Collection will now be available in four separate, repackaged six-disc sets called Going Paces Fast, Discovering Railways, Railways Forever and A Future on Rails (25 August)
- The next DVD volume of Children’s Film Foundation is confirmed as Outer Space – and includes new transfers of The Glitterball (1977), Supersonic Saucer (1955) and Kadoyng (1971) (Released 22 September)
- A Farewell to Arms will still be released on 22 September
Peter Greenaway’s Goltzius and the Pelican Company will now be released on DVD by Axiom films at a later date in 2014.
We’ll be announcing all our October to December DVD/Blu-ray releases later in July.