Perhaps best known as the writer of Alain Resnais’ classic cine-conundrum Last Year of Marienbad, Alain Robbe-Grillet was also the director a number of stylish, erotic films which starred such icons of French cinema as Jean-Louis Trintignant (Haneke’s Amour, Bertolucci’s The Conformist) and Isabelle Huppert (Claire Denis’ White Material).
Impossible to see for decades, these enigmatic, sexually charged films have now been collected together for the very first time, and are made available here in beautifully remastered high definition presentations. This DVD collection includes: The Immortal One (1963), Trans-Europe-Express (1967), The Man Who Lies (1968), Eden and After (1970), N. Took the Dice (1971) and Successive Slidings of Pleasure (1974).
Extra features include video introductions by Catherine Robbe-Grillet, filmed interviews with Alain Robbe-Grillet by Frederic Taddei, and newly-recorded, exclusive feature-length commentaries by cult-cinema authority Tim Lucas.
- All six films presented in High Definition
- Original theatrical trailers
- Previously unseen filmed interviews with Alain Robbe-Grillet by critic Frédéric Taddeï (2007, 5 x 30 mins)
- Newly filmed introductions by Catherine Robbe-Grillet (2013, 4 x 6 mins)
- New and exclusive full-length audio commentaries by Tim Lucas
- Fully illustrated booklet with a new essay by David Taylor, full film credits and on-set photographs
Colour and Black/white
Optional English subtitles
Original aspect ratio
Original aspect ratio 1.33:1 and 1.66:1 (16x9 anamorphic)
2 Europe (except Russia, Ukraine, and Belarus), Middle East, Egypt, Japan, South Africa, Swaziland, Lesotho, Greenland, French Overseas departments and territories