Final deadline for receipt of online submission forms and film screeners:
- Short films (40 mins or less) – Wednesday 17 June 2020, 17.00 BST
- Feature length films (more than 40 mins) – Wednesday 17 June 2020, 17.00 BST
Each year the BFI London Film Festival presents a selection of the best in world cinema, showing audiences a wide array of films, representing a thrilling variety of languages, genres and filmmaking styles.
We are proud to champion British talent alongside international work, and the programme spans features, shorts, fiction, documentary, artists’ moving image, restorations, animation and films for families, alongside titles destined for awards-season glory.
Seeking films for selection, our programmers view a vast number of films, attending other festivals, following alumni filmmakers’ work and researching the films in production from UK distributors and international partners, alongside our programme advisors who actively track fresh new work from different territories.
The submissions process enables us to be open to filmmakers who wish for their films to be considered, so the Festival can encounter fresh filmmaking voices that may not reach us by other means, ensuring we consider the widest possible pool of new work, from directorial debuts to established talent. Every year is different, but to get a sense of the breadth of films that we select, we would invite you to look at the 2019 programme.
If you have a film that you would like to submit for the Festival, then we look forward to considering your film!
How to submit
Firstly please read through the guidelines and regulations before submitting a film for our consideration. It won’t take long, and is very important to check that your film is eligible. You can download the guidelines and regulations below:
Then, for all films, UK and International, shorts and feature submissions, please complete the online form and Paypal payment:
For UK features or short films please see point 9 of the guidelines and regulations for information regarding ‘UK production’ classification. Fees are as follows. All deadline times are local British time, GMT (Greenwich Mean Time), or BST (British Summer Time):
Fee for International feature films
- Early Bird is £45 if received by Friday 3 April 2020, 17.00 GMT
- Regular £60 if received between Saturday 4 April – Friday 5 June 2020, 17.00 BST
- Late Submission £75 if received between Saturday 6 June – Wednesday 17 June 2020, 17.00 BST
Fee for International short films
- Regular is £20 if received by Friday 5 June 2020, 17.00 BST
- Late Submission £30 if received between Saturday 6 June – Wednesday 17 June 2020, 17.00 BST
Fee for UK feature films
- Early Bird is £30 if received by Friday 3 April 2020, 17.00 GMT
- Regular £40 if received between Saturday 4 April – Friday 5 June 2020, 17.00 BST
- Late Submission £55 if received between Saturday 6 June – Wednesday 17 June 2020, 17.00 BST
Fee for UK short films
- Regular is £15 if received by Friday 5 June 2020, 17.00 BST
- Late Submission £20 if received between Saturday 6 June – Wednesday 17 June 2020, 17.00 BST
On completion of your online submission form and confirmation of successful payment, you will be sent a confirmation email containing delivery instructions for DVD screener, if you have not already provided a password protected viewing online link.
Any queries regarding film submissions may be directed to: