A film by Simon Pummell
“I remember seeing Bodysong and feeling like I was in a trance… moving, scary and hypnotic.”
Paul Thomas Anderson
An epic vision of love, sex, violence and death, Bodysong is the story of an archetypal human life told through archive footage from across the world and spanning 100 years of cinema. With an ambitious score by Radiohead’s Jonny Greenwood, director Simon Pummell has created an almost mythic work that is a celebration, and also an indictment, of humanity.
PCM stereo audio (48k/16bit).
- Two early shorts by Simon Pummell, Blinded by Light (2000, 7 min) and How Long is a Minute? (2001, 1 min).
- A filmed interview with director Simon Pummell.
- Theatrical trailer.
- Commentary on the soundtrack by Jonny Greenwood and Simon Pummell.
- The full award-winning Bodysong website with the stories of the people portrayed in each of the extraordinary images (DVD-Rom, PC and Mac compatible).
- Original essays by William Gibson, Geoff Andrew, Gareth Evans and Matt Hanson.
English for the hard-of-hearing
Original aspect ratio
- 2 Europe (except Russia, Ukraine, and Belarus), Middle East, Egypt, Japan, South Africa, Swaziland, Lesotho, Greenland, French Overseas departments and territories